[U-Boot-Users] lubbock patch: ram, flash, ethernet

David Brownell david-b at pacbell.net
Fri Mar 11 17:47:06 CET 2005

On Thursday 10 March 2005 9:30 pm, Craig Hughes wrote:
> On Mar 10, 2005, at 6:21 PM, David Brownell wrote:
>
> > I saw some email archived from about 10 months back saying that
> > the TFTP timeout/retry problems went away given PXA timer updates,
> > but like the ethernet patch that was also needed, a patch wasn't
> > posted or merged.  Maybe someone who has unmerged PXA updates has
> > the relevant code ready to merge?
>
> There's a gumstix patch against 1.1.2 which fixes the timer problems
> which lead to TFTP timeouts on PXA.

Which, to save anyone else tracking down the Gumstix subversion
info, I've attached.  Adding this over my patch (and a few other
tweaks, only one of which might be important) gives me a U-Boot
that can download a kernel starting from DHCP!  Worth merging.

Thanks, Craig.  :)

- Dave

p.s. Those MMC patches looked rather interesting too.  A fully
     featured Lubbock U-Boot would talk Ethernet, MMC, and CF;
     we're not there yet, but given Ethernet I'd call it very
     much usable.