[U-Boot-Users] netconsole and at91rm9200dk

Aras Vaichas arasv at magellan-technology.com
Mon Mar 14 06:40:27 CET 2005

I have been trying to get netconsole to work with u-boot-1.1.2 on an at91rm9200dk.

Looking through the source code I noticed that in order to:

#define CONFIG_NETCONSOLE

then I also have to:

#define CONFIG_NET_MULTI

The trouble is that when I do this, I noticed that my ethernet stops working
all together, in fact, the eth_init() function in at91rm9200_ether.c no longer
  gets called when CONFIG_NET_MULTI is defined.

* Has anyone used netconsole before?
* Can I use netconsole with the at91rm9200dk?
* have I just not configured NET_MULTI correctly? If not, how do I configure it?

regards,

Aras Vaichas