[U-Boot-Users] changing TEXT_BASE before build

Sam Song samsongshu at yahoo.com.cn
Mon Mar 21 03:48:42 CET 2005

Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
> > >  TEXT_BASE = 0xfc000000
> >
> > Yeah, this is necessary if there is 64MB FLASH on
> > your board. Also pls set CFG_FLASH_BASE and
>
> Please consider the port for this board to be broken
> when you need to
> change any such definitions just because of  a
> different  flash  (or
> RAM)  size.  U-Boot was designed that NO such
> changes are needed, and
> none are needed on any correct port.

Well, my misunderstanding? Suppose FLASH size is
4, 8, 16 Mbytes, could we set
TEXT_BASE=CFG_FLASH_BASE=CFG_MONITOR_BASE as
0xfc000000
or 0xff000000 for a low-boot situation? If so, there
should NOT any change for the source code itself.

To my understanding, for a low-boot ppc like 8xx
target and programming image to FLASH to debug,
TEXT_BASE should equal to CFG_FLASH_BASE and
CFG_MONITOR_BASE as FLASH size or its several times.
Am I right?

Thanks in advance!

Sam