[U-Boot-Users] Error while booting Linux image

Vikrant_Basotra Vikrant_Basotra at Satyam.com
Mon Mar 21 12:48:51 CET 2005

Hi All,
I am using U-Boot with a Linux kernel version 2.4.27-1.3.3-432 on mpc8248
based board, but the last message I see is "Uncompressing Kernel Image ...
OK" and Then the system hangs. I traced the code and realised that it stops
when it makes a call to "(*kernel) (kbd, initrd_start, initrd_end,
cmd_start, cmd_end);" (in file u-boot/common/cmd_bootm.c)

As i searched through the archive i found a similar problem and had comments
asking to verify the following:

1. bd_info
2. IMAP_ADDR and CFG_IMMR should have the same value
3. clock speed saved in env

My bd_info is:

kbd->bi_memstart: 0
kbd->bi_memsize: 2000000 - 16MB
kbd->bi_flashstart: ff000000
kbd->bi_flashoffset: 0
kbd->bi_sramstart: 0
kbd->bi_sramsize: 0
kbd->bi_immr_base: 0f000000
kbd->bi_bootflags: 1
kbd->bi_ip_addr: c0a801de in HEX
kbd->bi_enetaddr: 7ffbd8  in HEX
kbd->bi_ethspeed: 2bd6    in HEX
kbd->bi_intfreq: 15a 	  in HEX
kbd->bi_busfreq: 63 	  in HEX
kbd->bi_cpmfreq: c6 	  in HEX
kbd->bi_brgfreq: 18 	  in HEX
kbd->bi_sccfreq: 63 	  in HEX
kbd->bi_vco: 18c 	  	  in HEX
kbd->bi_baudrate: 1c200   in HEX

which i believe is correct. The value of IMAP_ADDR in
linux/arch/ppc/platforms/boardname.h and u-boot/include/configs/boardname.h
is 0x0f000000 and i dont have the clock setting saved in my env.

I could not figure out any more cracks because of which Linux would not
boot. Looking for your help on this.

Regards,
Vikrant

is appreciated.