[U-Boot-Users] [Newbie]: mpc8260ads and u-boot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sat May 21 21:42:24 CEST 2005

In message <744998240505211052493ecd3a at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> The problem is simple: i compiled u-boot for my target, i erased all
> the flash, i downloaded the bin image on the target flash, i
> disconnected the lauterbach t32, turned off the board, connected the
> serial, and turned on again the board. I expected to see uboot menu,
> instead just nothing. "Run" led is always turned on, while "RS232" led
> is always off.
> Since i don't know what to think, what should i investigate to find
> out the problem? How can it be solved?

Why did you disconnect the Lauterbach? You have got a powerful  tool,
so use it to debug your problem. This is what it was made for.

There are so many things you can have done wrong - burning the  wrong
image  to  the  wrong  address, using bad jumper settings or anything
else...

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"Gravitation cannot be held responsible for people falling in  love."
- Albert Einstein