[U-Boot-Users] iminfo - Bad Header Checksum

Dale Dunlea daledunlea at commergy.com
Sun May 29 03:47:39 CEST 2005

Hi All,

I started using U-Boot about 3 days ago, so apologies in advance if I
have missed something obvious in the documentation.

I'm using a Metrowerks MPC8540 test board, which came pre-installed with
U-Boot 1.0.1(eval-20040206-0-pre4). I suspect that this may be part of
the problem i.e. that I have an old version of U-Boot burned to flash. I
do not currently have the means to re-flash the board back to its
current state, and so I am reluctant to try and upgrade U-Boot just yet.

I downloaded ELDK 3.1.1 and built the kernel, using make uImage. I then
downloaded the uImage via TFTP to the board. Running iminfo results in
"Bad Header Checksum". I ran mkimage -l to verify that there was a valid
header in place, and there does seem to be.

Also, I know that there is no problem with my TFTP setup as I have been
able to download and execute the "Hello World" example program.

I would appreciate any pointers on where I am going wrong.

Thanks in advance,
Dale Dunlea