[U-Boot-Users] Re: Low-boot configuration for MPC8272ADS

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at smiths-aerospace.com
Thu Nov 3 00:14:51 CET 2005

Dmytro Bablinyuk wrote:

>> For blank flash, you need to pull up the RSTCONF* line (8260UM 5.4.2.1
>> "Single MPC8260 with Default Configuration") which will set your HRCW
>> to all zeros rather than read it from memory (I'm assuming you are not
>> implementing the BCSR).
>>
>> This will require a different BDI2000 config file because the ISB will
>> be set to 0x0000_0000 - if the first line in your special BDI config
>> file sets the ISB back to your prefered value (0xF000_0000?), you
>> should be able to leave all the rest of your config file the same.
>

> Thank you Jerry,
>
> This removes some magic!
> Do you know by any chance what the reason can be for
>
> 8272>load
> # PPC: timeout while waiting for freeze
> *** TARGET: reset detected, restarting target
>
> I have HRCW 0x0E74B20A, (ISB100), so I have changed my BDI config
> ; init core register
> WREG    MSR             0x00001002      ;MSR  : ME,RI
> WM32    0xF0010004      0xFFFFFFC3      ;SYPCR: disable watchdog
> WM32    0xF00101A8      0x04700000      ;IMMR : internal space @ 0x04700000
> ..
>
> 'md', some other commands work fine but 'load' is 'timing out'?
> u-boot as stand alone starts without problems (HRCW come from flash),
> BDI is not resetting anymore apart from case when I do 'load'.

Just guesses here...

Is this with an erased flash or with a flash with a HRCW programmed?

When you pull RSTCONF* high, your IMMR is set to 0x00000000.  This is
quite likely _not_ what you want, so you are going to have to fix up
some registers.

In your snippet above, you will need to change:
WM32    0x00010004      0xFFFFFFC3      ;SYPCR: disable watchdog
WM32    0x000101A8      0x04700000      ;IMMR : internal space @ 0x04700000

You need to review every field in the HRCW and verify a value of 0 is OK
or initialize the related registers in your BDI config file.  I don't
know enough (and am not paid enough ;-) to do this.

gvb