[U-Boot-Users] code for writing FAT in uboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Nov 30 15:39:48 CET 2005

Dear Daniel,

in message <Pine.LNX.4.63.0511301220110.20579 at yvahk3.pbagnpgbe.fr> you wrote:

> If you're on to this, you might consider checking out the Rockbox project at
> rockbox.org, as we have a full (read + write) FAT32 implementation there that
> is very small, efficient and has proven to work for many years.

[Slightly off topic, but here I go ;-) ]

Are you aware of any stability problems of this code? I  can  corrupt
the file system on my Archos jukebox more or less reliably by writing
several  files  in  one command; if I copy file by file followed by a
"sync" after each file everything is fine.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"I think trash is the most important manifestation of culture we have
in my lifetime."                                      - Johnny Legend