[U-Boot-Users] Jffs2 filesystem image

Swapnil Ashok Narkhede S3092131 at student.rmit.edu.au
Thu Oct 20 17:18:56 CEST 2005

I have to build jffs2 filesystem image. I read the
DULG manual and build the jffs2.img image.

As per manual when we use the mkfs.jffs2 tool to create
the jffs2.img we have to specify rootfs_devices.tab,
but i couldnt find it in eldk kit. Where is this file
supposed to be.?

I created a jffs2.img without specifying the rootfs_devices.tab
option,but the size of this file is about 3.55 MB.
Is this jffs2 filesystem image supposed to be that big.

When i use mkimage -l jffs2.img, it says Bad Magic Number.
So i cannot even transfer this file on the flash since
U-boot would complain as Bad Magic Number.

So how do i create the jffs2 filesystem image and load it
in flash so that i can issue
bootm <load address of kernel> <load address of jffs2 image>
Regards,
Swapnil Narkhede
Mob:- 0432025023
Email:- s3092131 at student.rmit.edu.au
School of Computer Science and Information Technology
RMIT University, Melbourne