[U-Boot-Users] Image date output from imls/iminfo when no rtc chip is present

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Tue Apr 25 22:26:07 CEST 2006

Creation date of the U-Boot Image is suppressed from output of
imls/iminfo commands if CFG_CMD_DATE is not included in CONFIG_COMMANDS.

However, CFG_CMD_DATE cannot be included unless you have an RTC chip on
board.

I think the date of U-Boot image is useful information that we would
like to see even if CFG_CMD_DATE is not defined.

To such end, I thought of the following solution:

Define CONFIG_RTC_NONE so that CFG_CMD_DATE could be defined. Obviously,
date/time commands will display error message when user attempts to use
these commands with CONFIG_RTC_NONE. I might even exclude the definition
of date/time commands altogether keeping only supporting date
functionality needed for imls/iminfo.

What do you think? If there is agreement on CONFIG_RTC_NONE, I can
submit a patch...

Best regards,
Tolunay