[U-Boot-Users] Improved Patch management for tools directory

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Aug 24 00:12:03 CEST 2006

In message <009001c6c6f2$1c62f370$8f4765d5 at atmel.com> you wrote:

> The proposed patch creates a new directory under tools :
>
> "tools/customize"
>
> The "tools/Makefile" will 'include'
> * "customize/*/tool.mk"
> * "customize/*/build.mk"

I reject this patch.

I explained one reaon before: I want to be able to see  what's  going
on  in a Makefile. Distributing this information is often bad, and it
is especially bad if you do this in an uncontrolled way  (like  using
wildcards).

Note that I will reject all other patches that make assumptions  like
this and your previous Makefile patch.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Carelessly planned projects take three times longer to complete  than
expected.  Carefully  planned  projects  take  four  times  longer to
complete than expected, mostly  because  the  planners  expect  their
planning to reduce the time it takes.