[U-Boot-Users] Breakage of board ports on new features.

Pantelis Antoniou pantelis.antoniou at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 23:08:23 CET 2006

Hi there,

So I'm cleaning my new 834x board in the time period of just two days.

There's a commit with a bunch of 834x related fixes which totally broke
the board port.

I understand that the main code is volatile, but it seems there's a
blatant
disregard of keeping up a minimum of backwards compatibility.

If someone changes code that's supporting a bunch of board ports, please
put in some default macros to ensure past behaviour is preserved.

I.e. in this case the CONFIG_MPC8349 & CFG_FLASH_SIZE could have easily
been defined with the defaults values for the non updated board ports to
continue working.

Please don't make our lives harder than they are.

/me steps down the soapbox.

Regards

Pantelis