[U-Boot-Users] Breakage of board ports on new features.

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Sun Dec 3 00:42:23 CET 2006

In message <CF774E5E-8B40-432B-A6CE-A0788CE20BF3 at gmail.com> you wrote:

> There's a commit with a bunch of 834x related fixes which totally broke
> the board port.
>
> I understand that the main code is volatile, but it seems there's a
> blatant
> disregard of keeping up a minimum of backwards compatibility.
>
> If someone changes code that's supporting a bunch of board ports, please
> put in some default macros to ensure past behaviour is preserved.

Yes, it would be nice if everybody would work this way, but you know
how things are going.

On the other hand, the merge of the 83xx code has been discussed here
for a *long* time - you could have raised your concerns a  long  time
ago.  I  can't  help  it if you don't participate in this discussions
and/or help testing new code.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Business is like a wheelbarrow. Nothing ever happens until you  start
pushing.