[U-Boot-Users] Re: Problem with the cfi flash driver with ax8/x16 flash configuredinx8 mode.

Tolunay Orkun listmember at orkun.us
Fri Jan 13 22:58:33 CET 2006

Alex BASTOS wrote:

> I think, at the end, it will be Wolfgang or Tolunay Orkun
> who will choose.

Not me. It is Wolfgang that decides what is acceptable. I might have
argued my position a bit more passionately in the past as well regarding
some changes but I do not have any such decision making capability here.

I have interest in this peace of code because we use it and I have
submitted some patches and studied the code probably a little more
closely than others.

I am all for someone picking up all the pending patches and merging in.
I wish I could do this but I really do not have time at this time. I
guess this is true for most of us nowadays.

I am looking at "cfi_testing" branch proposal from Wolfgang as a medium
to incorporate all the pending patches and resolve the merge conflicts
between various patches before we can sync back to the mainline.

Since a lot of people are now dependent on these patches (as evidenced
by frequency of questions regarding cfi_flash.c driver on the list)
there is a lot of good to come if we merge these "somewhere" and after a
testing period of say 1 month if everyone is happy (and especially
Wolfgang) we can merge back to mainline hopefully before next release of
U-Boot.

Wolfgang what do you think?

Best regards,
Tolunay