[U-Boot-Users] Start with u-boot on at91rm9200 on AT91RM9200-EK

Marco Cavallini arm.linux at koansoftware.com
Wed Jul 19 12:26:14 CEST 2006

Erdmann, Thomas ha scritto:
> Hello Marco,
> thanks for your Tips - i searched since Monday for any hints !!!
> It seems that Atmel has done some work on u-boot but doesn't tell this their
> Customers ;-)
> Your "Howto replace u-boot..." is half the solution of my Problem.
> I have new Boards without any SW, the Flash is empty.
> So i want to Xmodem loader.bin and with this the u-boot and with this anything what does a boot out of Flash to u-boot :-)
>
> Can you tell me, what to do to reach this ?

Thomas,
if you have to program NOR parallel Flash you simply need to Remove the
resistor R159 on the AT91RM9200-DK to start the processor from its
internal boot ROM.
Read the Datasheet

In any case for your (and other) reference I added some links here
http://www.koansoftware.com/en/art.php?art=90

Ciao
--
Marco Cavallini