[U-Boot-Users] Loadb issue

Banajit Goswami banajit.goswami at gmail.com
Wed Jul 19 12:41:05 CEST 2006

Hi All,
 I am a new member to this mailing list.

 I am porting u-boot to a arm926ej board. I have a serial port which I am
trying to use to download a binary image. But I am not able to do so. I am
trying to use loadb and loads and both seems to be failing.

Here is a typical sequence i followed
  1) Boot-up the board
  2) Connected to Hyperterminal (tried minicom, cu, kermit and dnw) with 8N1
and hw-flw control as "none".
  3) at u-boot command prompt gave following command
         => loadb 0x60008000 115200
  4) From hyperterminal, Transfer->send file with protocol as kermit,
selected the file and tried sending, but failed. Everytime  hyperterminal
poped up "error limit exceeded".

# loadb
## Ready for binary (kermit) download to 0x60008000 at 115200 bps..

 When tried looking the point where it is geting stuck, I saw u-boot waiting
in the while loop looking for the 'START_CHAR' in the following section of
code:

k_recv(){
  for (;;) {
      switch (getc ()) {
        case START_CHAR: /* start packet */
             goto START;
        case ETX_CHAR:  /* ^C waiting for packet */
             return (0);
       default:
             ;
      }
  }
}

 I am not sure how to use 'loadb' and 'loads'. Read a few docs about uses
though, none explained what needs to be done in implementation part.

 Can anyone give me some pointer, as in, any board which has implemeted and
using any of the commands? What might have gone wrong here??

Or any other commands I can use for serial download of binary image?

Thanks in advance
Banajit