[U-Boot-Users] Loadb issue

Kaushik karandikar kaushikkarandikar at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 19 12:54:54 CEST 2006

Hi Banjit,
                How much memory (RAM)  you have?  Also check the PINSEL and BCFG configurations along  with the baud rate setting in u-boot code.
                 Those commands are working fine for my hardware which is arm7TDMI board.

  Thanks and Regards,
  Kaushik

Banajit Goswami <banajit.goswami at gmail.com> wrote:  Hi All,
   I am a new member to this mailing list.

   I am porting u-boot to a arm926ej board. I have a serial  port which I am trying to use to download a binary image. But I am not  able to do so. I am trying to use loadb and loads and both seems to be  failing.

  Here is a typical sequence i followed
    1) Boot-up the board
    2) Connected to Hyperterminal (tried minicom, cu, kermit and dnw) with 8N1 and hw-flw control as "none".
    3) at u-boot command prompt gave following command
           => loadb 0x60008000 115200
    4) From hyperterminal, Transfer->send file with  protocol as kermit, selected the file and tried sending, but failed.  Everytime  hyperterminal poped up "error limit exceeded".

  # loadb
## Ready for binary (kermit) download to 0x60008000 at 115200 bps..

   When tried looking the point where it is geting stuck, I saw  u-boot waiting in the while loop looking for the 'START_CHAR' in the  following section of code:

  k_recv(){
    for (;;) {
      switch (getc ()) {
        case START_CHAR: /* start packet */
             goto START;
        case ETX_CHAR:  /* ^C waiting for packet */
             return (0);
       default:
             ;
      }
  }
  }

   I am not sure how to use 'loadb' and 'loads'. Read  a few docs about uses though, none explained what needs to  be done in implementation part.

   Can anyone give me some pointer, as in, any board which has  implemeted and using any of the commands? What might have gone  wrong here??

  Or any other commands I can use for serial download of binary image?

  Thanks in advance
  Banajit