[U-Boot-Users] Linking U-boot with Newlib

Jean-Paul Saman jean-paul.saman at philips.com
Mon Mar 13 09:19:42 CET 2006

u-boot-users-admin at lists.sourceforge.net wrote on 11-03-2006 11:56:51:

> For sure this code is very low level, but I want to use some special
> IO features that Arm provided in a version of Newlib. Those special
> features are mainly used for Semihosting, or platform emulation when
> you emulate an Arm based hardware using the standard IO of the host to
> communicate.
For semihosting it is not necessary to include support in u-boot. The
rvdebug application does that automatically regardless of the binary being
aware of it or not. You need to alter the CPU/connection definition. It
has an boolean called Semihosting, toggle this to True and all your output
will appear in RVDS application.

Kind greetings,

Jean-Paul Saman

Philips Semiconductors CTO/RTG
Philips HighTech Campus, building WDA 3.29
Professor van den Holstlaan 4
5655 AA Eindhoven
tel: +31 (0)40 27 45131