[U-Boot-Users] About Network Console Protocol and nc/ncb

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 16 10:23:35 CET 2006

In message <5fb065d90603160050wc05fe13x at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I'm wondering how to use te Network Console Protocol. I've read the
> README.NetConsole file and discoverd it, but does this feature is
> available on every boards-configs, such as the at91 one?

If you enable it, it should work. But only few  boards  actually  use
this feature in their default configuration.

> but when i try to use ./ncip.sh 192.168.0.66, nothings happen
> So i thoutgh the ncip have to be the one of my desktop computer, but
> nothing better

Run a sniffer (ethereal) on your network and check  if  you  see  any
packets  at  all.  You  *did*  switch  the stdin / stdout channels in
U-Boot, didn't you?

> Does anyone have already use this feature?

Yes, it is being used actively on a couple of boards, some of them in
production with high volumes.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Programmer's Lament: (Shakespeare, Macbeth, Act I, Scene vii)
        "That we but teach bloody instructions,
        which, being taught, return to plague the inventor..."