[U-Boot-Users] About Network Console Protocol and nc/ncb

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 16 11:03:26 CET 2006

In message <5fb065d90603160142i19c60145o at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> > If you enable it, it should work. But only few  boards  actually  use
> > this feature in their default configuration.
>
> Is there any #define to enable it or must I modify some sources file to do
> this?

#define CONFIG_NETCONSOLE in your board config file.

> if setenv nc 'setenv stdout nc;setenv stdin nc have succed, with run
> nc, it is switched

Yes. [And you don't see any more output on the U-Boot console, right?]

> But, i've seen with ethereal that no packets where transmited through
> my eth interface
> It might be the first step to solve this problem

Indeed.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Boss, n.: According to the Oxford English Dictionary, in  the  Middle
Ages  the  words  "boss"  and "botch" were largely synonymous, except
that boss, in addition to meaning  "a  supervisor  of  workers"  also
meant "an ornamental stud."