[U-Boot-Users] calling nand_probe

Charles Krinke ckrinke at istor.com
Mon Nov 20 16:34:08 CET 2006

I need to use JFFS2 & NAND to boot a linux kernel. With that in mind, I
define CFG_CMD_NAND & CFG_CMD_JFFS2.

In looking through cmd_nand.c, I see the routine nand_probe which,
amongs other things sets up the IO_ADDR member of the nand_chip
structure.

But, I don't see anywhere in the code base where nand_probe is called. I
would have expected this to occur in the init_sequence[] array
surrounded by an #ifdef CFG_CMD_NAND.

Can you help me understand if nand_probe is called and if not, where
should it be called. Additionally, any hints about other things to
consider in this little sub-project would be greatly appreciated.

Charles