[U-Boot-Users] 834x UPM Read access RAM Array (stuck?).

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Tue Nov 21 17:35:17 CET 2006

Marc Leeman wrote:
>> I wrote a version of your function some time ago, and included it in the set
>> of changes for the 83xx tree that was made available to Wolfgang a few weeks
>> ago, but he hasn't pulled them yet.  You can find those changes here:
>
> Thanks,
>
> I switched to your function (since this is the one that will be merged
> in u-boot anyway) and it still hangs while programming UPM A (writing)
> (so exactly the same behaviour as before).
>
> When we switched to UPM B (no other change but CFG_BR1_PRELIM and
> the upmconfig call), we started seeing the expected signals that we
> programmed in our RAM for HPI.

Although my function is supposed to handle all UPMs, I've only tested it with
UPM A, because that's what my 8349 ITX uses for CF programming.  It's odd that
UPM A doesn't work for you but UPM B does.

I don't know a whole lot about the UPM, but doesn't the board layout determine
which UPM you can use?  So maybe, for whatever device you're programming, you
have to use UPM B?

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale