[U-Boot-Users] [GIT PULL] AVR32 update: relocation and acoupleofother things

Haavard Skinnemoen hskinnemoen at atmel.com
Thu Apr 19 10:18:20 CEST 2007

On Thu, 19 Apr 2007 15:59:42 +1200
Robin Gilks <robin.gilks at tait.co.nz> wrote:

> Now that the avr32 branch has been merged (was all of it merged?), are
> there any outstanding ngw100 changes I should be looking at? I'm
> expecting my hardware to arrive in a couple of weeks and I'm quite
> willing to looking into flash problems (I had similar problems with an
> mpc8xx a couple of years ago!!).

The ngw100 code wasn't pulled because I was still having problems with
it. However, I've found a fix in the AVR32 Linux BSP patchset that I
applied to the current ngw-board branch, and it seems to fix the
problem. I've pushed out the fix, could you give it a try?

> As I explained before, my knowledge of git and cogito (which I prefer
> since it makes a bit more sense) on how to pull branches from a
> repository is somewhat sparse (and documentation tends to assume
> knowledge of things not in my vocabulary). The embedded stuff is easy,
> the tools make my head hurt...

I recommend that you start by doing
git fetch git://www.denx.de/git/u-boot-avr32.git ngw-board:ngw-board

Then, you can either do your own changes directly on top of this branch:
git checkout -b my-ngw-stuff ngw-board

or you can pull it into a branch that you've already been doing some
work on:
git checkout my-work-branch
git pull . ngw-board

Unfortunately, I haven't used cogito much myself, so I can't help you
with that. But the basic principles should be mostly the same.

Haavard