[U-Boot-Users] Proposal for a make option to include an additional stand alone program directory

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Thu Apr 26 21:24:34 CEST 2007

Jeff Mann wrote:

> So you comile both at once? That is soft of what I am going for, but I
> compile u-boot stand-alone-programs like the ones in the examples
> folder.

No, in our case, the binary is provided to us as-is.  We just need to put it on the flash
image.  Basically, Freescale has two development directions: the open source repositories,
like the ones on denx.de and kernel.org, and the BSPs.  One problem I'm trying to address
is that the BSPs typically have stuff that you won't find on the external repos, like this
binary.  There's no way I can provide the binary in the denx.de repo, so the next best
thing is to make its inclusion automatic.  If the binary exists, then the code from
denx.de will process it.  Otherwise, it won't.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale