[U-Boot-Users] change U-boot file stream to COM2

stefano babic sbabic at denx.de
Thu Aug 30 19:17:05 CEST 2007

Detlev Zundel wrote:
> Fortunately we are just working on something like this, Stefano (on
> CC), should be able to tell you when this will be finished.

Test is finished. I will send the patch. Multiple serials are supported
in the same way as they are on the PPC boards.

Javier, at the moment u-boot supports only one serial interface and
consequently you cannot enable the other ones. You can use any of
FFUART,BTUART or STUART, but u-boot cannot have more than one serial at
the same time. The serial driver for PXA27xx does not support it.

After applying the patch I will send, you have to set
CONFIG_SERIAL_MULTI in your config file and all serials you want to use:

#define CONFIG_SERIAL_MULTI
#define CONFIG_FFUART          1       /* we use FFUART on Conxs */
#define CONFIG_BTUART          1       /* we use BTUART on Conxs */
#define CONFIG_STUART          1       /* we use STUART on Conxs */

You have to provide also a function in your board.c file to return the
default serial device, such as:

struct serial_device *default_serial_console (void)
{
         return &serial_ffuart_device;
}

or whatever you prefer.

On my target (PXA270) I get:
U-Boot 1.2.0-gc7d2ba2d-dirty (Aug 23 2007 - 15:47:09)

DRAM:  64 MB
Flash: 32 MB
In:    serial
Out:   serial
Err:   serial
Hit any key to stop autoboot:  0
$ coninfo
List of available devices:
serial   80000003 SIO stdin stdout stderr
nulldev  80000003 SIO
serial_stuart 00000003 .IO
serial_btuart 00000003 .IO
serial_ffuart 00000003 .IO

Then you will be able to switch among the serials setting the stdout,
stdin and stderr variables. For example, to switch to the BTUART:

	setenv stdout serial_btuart
	setenv stdin serial_btuart

Regards,
stefano