[U-Boot-Users] 4xx ethernet bringup

shami Allam shamiuboot at yahoo.co.in
Sat Dec 22 13:33:32 CET 2007

  On Saturday 22 December 2007, shami Allam wrote:
> After booting my target i get the following message..
>
> I2C:ready
> DRAM:16MB
> FLASH:2MB
> In: serial
> Out:serial
> Err:serial
> Net: ppc_4xx_eth0
> =>
> and after that if i say
> => mii info
> PHY 0x01: OUI = 0x80017, Model = 0x09, Rev = 0x00, 10baseT, HDX

And is this correct? Do you have a 10MBit connection?

  it support both 100baseT and 10baseT.

> => setenv ipaddr 192.168.13.248
> => ping 192.168.13.248

So you try to ping to yourself here. This does not work. You have to ping to a
different target (PC).

  Yes i tried to ping the Host PC (i.e) 192.168.13.240. But still i am not getting reply.....

> After this if i ping it's not pinging self and also the host
> ip(192.168.13.240). Can you help me out what could be the problem..... =>
> mii read 0x01
 0x01
> when i read the PHY 0x01 register following is the value 0x7849. This
> value show that "No Link". why so. PHY chip i am using DP83848I

Possibly a PHY configuartion problem. Did you check if you soldered the
correct resistors and condensators? Is the power-supply ok?

  if I do the PHY loopback by enabling the bit 14bit in the BMCR. i am getting the reply. Still you suspect PHY configuration problem.....or do i need to do anything at MAC side......

  Regards,
  Shami.