[U-Boot-Users] U-boot fails with new versatile PB (lead-free version)

Jerry Van Baren gerald.vanbaren at comcast.net
Sat Feb 3 18:30:40 CET 2007

T S Rajesh wrote:
> A bit more info..
>
> When i type "List Area" from the boot monitor code, i get
>
> Base			Area Size		Blocks		Block Size
> ---------			---------------		------------		----------------
> 0x34000000		256k		4		64k
> 0x34040000		65280k		255		256k
> 0x30000000		256k		4		64k
> 0x30040000		65280k		255		256k
>
> whereas in the older boards, i used to get
>
> Base			Area Size		Blocks		Block Size
> ---------			---------------		------------		----------------
> 0x34000000		64M		256		256k
>
> Thanks & Regards
> Rajesh
>

> T S Rajesh wrote:
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I tried with the latest versatile PB926EJ-S (Lead Free Version). The
>> failure i get is:
>> 	DRAM:	0kb
>> 	Flash: 	0kb
>> Whereas in the old boards, it used to say
>> 	DRAM:	0kb
>> 	Flash: 	64M
>>
>> And after that, in the new board, when I try to do a saveenv, it fails
>> with a
>> "start/end address not on sector boundary".
>> The same image works perfectly in the older boards (purchased last year).
>> Anyone came across this problems? Any help on this is greatly appreciated.
>>
>> Thanks & Regards
>> Rajesh

Hi Rajesh,

It looks like your memory part is different: the original flash has 256
equal size blocks, the new flash is "bottom boot" with four 64K blocks
in the lowest 256K area.  You probably need to do some configuration
(rebuild) u-boot for the different parts.

Beyond this general information I'm afraid I don't have enough knowledge
to help.

Best regards,
gvb