[U-Boot-Users] AT91 NAND om AT91SAM9260EK

Ulf Samuelsson ulf at atmel.com
Mon Feb 12 19:40:20 CET 2007

>> > If that's all he has, then he has no other choice.
>>
>> He has always the choice of realizing that he maybe should
>> leave this possible improvement to someone capable of testing it
>> and concentrate on stuff which he can test.
>
> Yeah, that's a nice attitude. "Go away, we don't want your patches."
> Without even looking at them?

I dont want patches that stops U-boot from functioning, that is correct.
If someone creates a patch which will improve functionality,
tries it out on a reasonable number of targets and then it
later turns out that there are some problems in corner cases,
I will not call for a public hanging.

> Btw, I can't help but feel that you're using me as an example here,
> since I _did_ at one point suggest that one particular patch would
> only need compile-testing. If you are, please stop it because you're
> misrepresenting what I said.

No, I was thinking of the guys that wants to change the complete
support for dataflash with no intention to test it on any
board with dataflash

> Haavard

Best Regards
Ulf Samuelsson                ulf at atmel.com
Atmel Nordic AB
Mail:  Box 2033, 174 02 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Visit:  Kavallerivägen 24, 174 58 Sundbyberg, Sweden
Phone +46 (8) 441 54 22     Fax +46 (8) 441 54 29
GSM    +46 (706) 22 44 57

Technical support when I am not available:
AT89 C51 Applications Group: mailto:micro.hotline at nto.atmel.com
AT90 AVR Applications Group: mailto:avr at atmel.com
AT91 ARM Applications Group: mailto:at91support at atmel.com
FPSLIC Application Group: mailto:fpslic at atmel.com