[U-Boot-Users] MCF5271 Port.

Adarsh Babu adarshrbpin at yahoo.co.in
Tue Feb 13 17:37:21 CET 2007

Wolfgang Denk <wd <at> denx.de> writes:

> In message <loom.20070208T161330-690 <at> post.gmane.org> you wrote:
> >
> > to develop files for the custom board. There isn't a "flash.c" for the
> > M5271evb in "board/m5271evb". So does the m5271evb port use the "flash.c"
> > present in the common folder ?
>
> No, it uses the CFI flash driver as all boards  with  CFI  conformant
> flash devices should do.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Wolfgang Denk

Hi,

I created files for the custom board with M5271EVB as the example. I modified
the dram init to support the SDRAM we have on the board. I also made changes
to the flash base address and the associated to gel with our memory map. when
I flashed the u-boot.bin file that I got, the following turned up on the
console.

U-Boot 1.2.0 (Feb 13 2007 - 20:15:12)

CPU:   Freescale Coldfire MCF5271 at 100 MHz
Board: Freescale M5271EVB
DRAM:  16 MB
FLASH:

The board hung after "FLASH:". The flash on our board is SST39VF6401. From the
Flash.h file I learn that SSTxF6401 has been considered and cfi_driver.c will
check the CFI conformant device. Can you please suggest the possible areas
that I should check or have neglected.

Regards,
Adarsh.