[U-Boot-Users] u-boot for Vertex4-based board.

Grant Likely grant.likely at secretlab.ca
Wed Feb 14 18:35:15 CET 2007

On 2/14/07, Leonid <Leonid at a-k-a.net> wrote:
> Behalf Of Grant Likely
> > In the past, I have bypassed the relocation code so I can run u-boot
> > from where it was linked;
>
> [Leonid] You just commented out relocation function? Can you send me your change if you have saved one to try?

It's pretty trivial stuff.  I don't have a patch for you, but go into
start.S and look for the relocate_code symbol.  All the stuff between
there and clear_bss is strictly relocation code.  I just exported the
clear_bss symbol and called it from board_init_f!  (but I had to fix
up some of the calling parameters first.  *HUGE* hack, but it worked.
:)  I don't do this any more though.

(hint: add #define DEBUG above the includes in board.c)

> > BTW, Leonid;  You want to use ppc_4xx, not ppc_4xxFP.  I don't know
> > about the uartlite driver.
>
> [Leonid] I use ppc_4xx, now I'm running Kegel cross tool - all the same.
>
> BTW, could you manage source level debug for you target? I download elf file via XMD and then try to connect GDB remotely, but addresses GDB show have nothing to do with real address (u-boot is located on 0x01f00000):

You need to load the symbol table at an offset.  I think you use the
add-symbol-file command.  The details are in the u-boot documentation
somewhere.

Cheers,
g.

--