[U-Boot-Users] u-boot on blackfin problems loading linux kernel

Aubrey Li aubrey.adi at gmail.com
Tue Jan 30 03:40:04 CET 2007

On 1/30/07, matti h <sinking_wasa at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hello Aubrey,
> Well I did actually tryout the one from u r svn.
> but I had no luck with it either...
> I dont have an tftpserver here at the moment, but I'll try to load kernel
> over tftp aswell to see if it makes any diffrence (or run the memcmp as u
> suggest).
> Anyhow,  I tried to load linux to 0x800000 and added a breakpoint to
> do_bootelf
> in vdsp, the typed
> bootelf 0x800000 and started single stepping...
> and in load_elf_image I get some exception with excause 0x2A, could it be
> that my
> memory mappings are wrong somehow ? Im sort of new to these linker scripts
> and I get
> the feeling something might be missconfigured in there...?
> Or could there be some clash because Im loading u-boot using vdsp to ram ?

We have pieces of coding hack on load_elf_image for special L1 section handling.
You may need to port it to your own package.
Cmdline editing and history have been enabled on u-boot-1.1.6 in our svn server.
What's your mean by "console works very poorly with their source"?

BTW, posting your problem on our forum is the best way to get fastest response.

-Aubrey