[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-NG ?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Jul 4 16:06:03 CEST 2007

In message <20070704122621.GM3361 at leda.ptxnet.pengutronix.de> you wrote:

> Might be the case, but I can think of more cases where a user simply has
> a broken environment and won't see anything because of this. What does a
> user see when he configured a different baudrate but somehow his
> environment got scratched? #f32#f23##fwfdas#f32#d

He gets regular output at the default baudrate configured for this
board.

> I know it is, and it was the customers decision to so, but I think using
> an I2C eeprom _should_ be no problem. It's just like any other memory
> device.

It is no problem, it is just slow ;-)

Note that there are *real* problems with using I2C connected EEPROMs;
see the doc/s.

> I think we have little choice if we want 4k boot block support, early
> console output _and_ a maintainable tree.

Maybe there is a chance to provide both? So far, Stefan's  NAND  boot
code managed to do pretty well in this respect.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
"There is nothing new under the sun, but there are lots of old things
we don't know yet."                                  - Ambrose Bierce