[U-Boot-Users] U-Boot-NG ?

Stefan Roese sr at denx.de
Wed Jul 4 16:37:44 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 04 July 2007, Wolfgang Denk wrote:
> > I think we have little choice if we want 4k boot block support, early
> > console output _and_ a maintainable tree.
>
> Maybe there is a chance to provide both? So far, Stefan's  NAND  boot
> code managed to do pretty well in this respect.

This is a bad example. The 4k NAND bootloader (in nand_spl/*) doesn't do any
serial output at all. It's really like the here described first stage
bootloader. Just setup the CPU as much as needed, setup the SDRAM (in a
limited way - you can't support this I2C SPD probing in the 4k) and load
the "real" U-Boot from NAND into SDRAM and start it. The first serial output
is from the "real" U-Boot and not from the NAND loader.

Best regards,
Stefan

Phone: +49-8142-66989-0 Fax: +49-8142-66989-80  Email: office at denx.de