[U-Boot-Users] [RFC] Splash image

Rodolfo Giometti giometti at enneenne.com
Wed Jul 18 10:30:12 CEST 2007

Hello,

I'm planning to review the splash image support and in order to do that
my next steps should be:

1) Remove the logo support.

Currently we have two function for a boot screen: CONFIG_SPLASH_SCREEN
and CONFIG_LCD_LOGO. I propose to remove logo support since logos must
be statically compiled into u-boot and cannot be changed unless
rebuild u-boot. On the other side splash images could be loaded at
runtime.

2) Rewrite the lcd_display_bitmap() in order to be more portable
across several BPP values.

I'd like to have some suggestions from you before starting to modify
the code. :)

Thanks in advance,

Rodolfo

GNU/Linux Solutions                  e-mail:    giometti at enneenne.com
Linux Device Driver                             giometti at gnudd.com
Embedded Systems                     		giometti at linux.it
UNIX programming                     phone:     +39 349 2432127