[U-Boot-Users] Blocking network in ixp425

Teemu Keskinarkaus Teemu.Keskinarkaus at cc-systems.com
Wed Jun 6 06:26:25 CEST 2007

> From: Stefan Roese [mailto:sr at denx.de]
> It's was quite some time ago, that I last used U-Boot on an IXP4xx
CPU.
> But
> IIRC, timeouts are working correctly in the current driver. Even
though
> the
> driver is quite ugly (and the Intel Access Library even more!).
The U-boot I'm working on is originally compiled for my target by
another person. I just asked him about the network code and he said that
it is ported from Redboot.

I'm guessing that's not right way to do it? U-boot needs the intel
software for the networking? Are there instructions how to make it work?
I don't know why the current code is taken from Redboot, but I hope the
right driver would work little better with the timeouts. I tested
yesterday and timeout didn't occur and I waited 15-20minutes.

Teemu K.