[U-Boot-Users] Are there any instructions how to compile U-boot for ixp425 target?

Queenie queenie245 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 07:10:32 CEST 2007

Hi,

Iam a newbie to this field. I too Iam trying to port a bootloader on my
customed IXP425 board.
Iam using Ixdp425 as my reference.

I have downloaded U-boot 1.1.3 verson. Also I have downloaded a cross
compiler from gnu site cross-3.0 for arm architecture.
My first step was to untar the arm cross-3.0 toolchain and place it in the
/usr/local/ directory.
Then I added this path in the .bash_profile file ($PATH=/usr/local/3.0/bin)
Then i untarred the u-boot 1.1.3 source, went into the directory and did a
make ixdp425_config
It did successfully, later I tried compiling the source for U-boot by giving
a simple make.
it started fine but later gave the error searching for IxNpeMicrocode.c.
I went to the download centre, and downloaded the npe (IxNpeMicrocode.c and
placed it in the u-boot-1.1.6/ixp/cpu/ixp/npe)
then did the "make" again.
Now its again giving error for the file IxEthAccDataPlane.c

Can you please help me how to go ahaed with this?

Is my cross complier the wrong one? Is there any place where I can check it
the endianness ?

Please help!

Warm Regards
Queenie