[U-Boot-Users] Can a BDI2K be used with a bare/erased 834x based system?

Joe Grisso jgrisso at det3.net
Tue Jun 19 21:51:47 CEST 2007

> What I meant is that you can use the BDI's RCW override feature to allow the CPU to be
> configured.  Then you can configure the flash interface, and that will give you the
> ability to program flash.  Then you "flash an RCW" (i.e. program the flash address that
> contain the RCW with a valid RCW).

You know, that's interesting. We're using a BDI2000 with an mpc8343
here, and have to set the processor to a pre-defined mode to initially
flash a RCW in, then set it back to loading from local bus after we
have a valid word programmed. We've followed Freescale's guides on how
to connect the COP port to the CPU, but have never gotten past
switching modes to program the RCW.

Quite interesting...

Best Regards,

Joe Grisso