[U-Boot-Users] USB storage support question

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Thu Mar 8 15:40:20 CET 2007

In message <131AF8573CF31945B5B11E4201D3F1E142BB58 at mail3.Avidyne.com> you wrote:

> My question is more along the lines of: what storage devices work on
> this interface, and what configuration flags (other than the ones I
> reported I set) are necessary to make those work?

It implements support for the Mass Storage Device class.

> Does it handle hard drives?  Flash drives?  What disk formats?  FAT
> (tried it and it didn't work)?  FAT32 (tried it and it didn't work)?

It should work with all  compatible  mass  storage  devices  -  disk,
memory  sticks,  all  sorts  of  memory  cards  interfaced  through a
compatible card reader, etc.  Note  that  not  all  devices  actually
follow the USB specs, so some of this simple don't work.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
It is the quality rather than the quantity that matters.
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca (4 B.C. - A.D. 65)