[U-Boot-Users] Latest git not working for MPC8349EMDS

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Wed May 2 20:33:28 CEST 2007

Benedict, Michael wrote:

> Thank you all.  Any ideas why the switch is not working?

I don't think they work on the ITX either.  Some of them depend on I2C, which doesn't make
sense because I2C isn't initialized at power-on.

> Currently I
> have to turn the board on, issue the above instruction to set low boot
> mode, then reset.  I should be able to power off/on and boot into low
> memory.  Any guesses what I am missing?

Well, the board should be reading the HRCW from FE000000, and that value should contain
the right boot location.  If that HRCW isn't being used, then something on your board is
configured to ignore it.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale