[U-Boot-Users] PXA27x USB device

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Fri May 4 14:31:26 CEST 2007

In message <200705041347.13816.sr at denx.de> you wrote:

> This depends on the driver. If it's for example the ppc4xx ethernet driver it
> should be handled by the architecture custodian, but if it's the usb-ohci
> driver then it should be handled by the usb custodian. Most drivers will be
> handled (as they are right now) by the architecture custodian.
>
> But I see your point. By moving those cpu-specific files into the drivers
> directory, the architecture custodians need to maintain files distributed all
> over the drivers directory and not specifically in the cpu/xxx directory. I
> never thought of this before.

We have this situation in other places as  well  -  for  example,  we
mirror the whole directory structure in post/:

	post/
	post/cpu/
	post/cpu/mpc8xx/
	post/board/
	post/board/lwmon/
	post/drivers/
	post/lib_ppc/

I don't see how this could be avoided; the other optiuon would be  to
mirror  .../devices/,  .../post/  etc  in  the  CPU and board and ...
directories which would be worse.

DENX Software Engineering GmbH,    CEO: Wolfgang Denk & Detlev Zundel
Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
Don't have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent.