[U-Boot-Users] tftp alignment exception

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Tue May 8 20:58:57 CEST 2007

Dongying_Xu at us.alphanetworks.com wrote:

> Timur,
>
> I did define  #define CFG_DDR_SDRAM_CLK_CNTL
> (DDR_SDRAM_CLK_CNTL_SS_EN | \
>
>  DDR_SDRAM_CLK_CNTL_CLK_ADJUST_05)
> in my code, it doesn't work.

Are you sure you're executing this code in spd_sdram():

#ifdef CFG_DDR_SDRAM_CLK_CNTL	/* Optional platform specific value */
	ddr->sdram_clk_cntl = CFG_DDR_SDRAM_CLK_CNTL;
#else

What I don't understand is that we can
> boot up the system using this particular memory but we could not tftp.
> Is there any burst mode I can set?  Thanks,

I really don't know at this point.  I've never seen this problem, and tftp isn't
particularly demanding, so I don't understand what's happening.  My only guess is that
your memory is not configured exactly right, so some memory operations work and some
don't.  Since I'm not expert on DDR, I really can't say what the problem is.  Sorry.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale