[U-Boot-Users] I2C scanning

Ben Warren bwarren at qstreams.com
Mon Oct 22 16:57:27 CEST 2007

Yasothabalan,

Yasothabalan Ramaswamy-TLS,Chennai wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I am using MPC5200B CPU.
>

> I am using both the I2C buses present as defined below,
>

> #define MPC5XXX_I2C1              (CFG_MBAR + 0x3D00)
>
> #define MPC5XXX_I2C2              (CFG_MBAR + 0x3D40)
>

> Is it possible to scan both the buses in the run time and do
> read/write operation?
>

> I am here able to scan only one bus.
>

> How can I fix this issue?

I don't know anything about this CPU, but the following code in
cpu/mpc5xxx/i2c.c makes me think you can't use both I2C buses on this chip:

#if (CFG_I2C_MODULE == 2)
#define I2C_BASE    MPC5XXX_I2C2
#elif (CFG_I2C_MODULE == 1)
#define I2C_BASE    MPC5XXX_I2C1
#else
#error CFG_I2C_MODULE is not properly configured
#endif

If, however, this chip shares the same I2C controller  as the MPC8xxx
chips (I have no idea if it does or doesn't), with a little Makefile
magic you could use the fsl_i2c.c driver, which supports multiple buses.

regards,
Ben