[U-Boot-Users] at91rm9200 - silent console

Craig Robinson craig.robinson at cctree.co.uk
Wed Sep 12 11:20:04 CEST 2007

Hi Leonid & Ulf

Thank-you for the pointers to the atmel patched code and buildroot scripts.

Can I confirm with you that the correct way to set up u-boot for an
at91rm9200 is to use two boot loaders. Can I also confirm that, to boot from
parallel flash, the first stage boot loader is boot.bin and that this will
load a gzipped version of u-boot. The fact that the atmel source from Ulf's
ftp generates a gzipped binary when built suggests to me that this is so.
I've seen different opinions on the newsgroup, including some pretty
emphatic ones from Wolfgang that u-boot will just work on its own, and
frankly am a bit confused!

If u-boot should be started by boot.bin are there any specific CONFIG
settings to go along with this? Eg. do we need LOWLEVEL_INIT or not? Also
I'd be grateful if you could point me at the CONFIG (if any) needed to boot
from parallel flash and not dataflash. I think this used to have something
to do with CONFIG_BOOTBINFUNC but now that's been replaced...?

Many thanks
Craig