[U-Boot-Users] Atmel AT49BV320C support in Uboot

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Sep 12 15:11:06 CEST 2007

In message <617544.32853.qm at web7712.mail.in.yahoo.com> you wrote:

> --- Wolfgang Denk <wd at denx.de> wrote:
>
> > In message
> > <926455.96023.qm at web7701.mail.in.yahoo.com> you
> > wrote:
> i am getting the following error while i tried to save
> the environment data.....why not i can save?????

PLEASE FIX YOUR QUOTING!!! I NEVERE WROTE THAT!!!

Stop top posting / full quoting!

Please stop what you are doing, right now, sit down and read

I don't want you to attribute stuff to me that I never wrote!!!

> => saveenv
> Saving Environment to Flash...
> Error: cannot span across banks when they are mapped
> in reverse order
> Error: cannot span across banks when they are mapped
> in reverse order
> Protected 37 sectors

That means that your board  configuration  s  broken.  The  flash  is
mapped  to  an  address  such that flash_start_address + flash_size >
0xFFFFFFFF. Thus he address range for your flash  wraps  around,  and
U-Boot  thinks  you have parts of it mapped at 0x0000 and parts of it
somewhere else. And it does not support such a setup.

A simple "fli" command should show this problem clearly.

So just fix your flash mapping.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
If a person (a) is poorly, (b) receives treatment  intended  to  make
him  better, and (c) gets better, then no power of reasoning known to
medical science can convince him  that  it  may  not  have  been  the
treatment that restored his health.
- Sir Peter Medawar, The Art of the Soluble