[U-Boot] U-boot freezes on relocate code to RAM

Elison Niven Elison.Niven at Matrixtelesol.com
Mon Dec 1 07:57:33 CET 2008

Hi List,

I am trying to port U-boot to a modified MPC8360 platform.
It's pretty much the same as the MPC8360EMDS board, but there is no SDRAM
soldered to the local bus. I only have 256 MB of DDR2.

U-boot reaches board_init_f in libppc/board.c but freezes when trying to
relocate code to RAM.

Here are the last few lines of debug:

Top of RAM usable for U-Boot : at 10000000
Reserving 224K for U-Boot at : 0FFC7000
Reserving 136K for malloc() at : 0FFA5000
Reserving 68 Bytes for board info at : 0FFA4FBC
Reserving 104 Bytes for global data at : 0FFA4F54
Stack pointer at : 0FFA4F38
New stack pointer at : 0FFA4F38
Before relocate_code(addr_sp, id, addr) : 0FFA4F38, 0FFA4F54, 0FFC7000

Any ideas, what could be wrong and what else can I do?
I have tried adding RAM tests to check but they all pass successfully.

Best Regards,
Elison