[U-Boot] Uboot AS Space in MPC85xx Start.S

Vignesh Kumar B vigneshkumarb at hcl.in
Mon Dec 1 13:59:39 CET 2008

Hi,

I am working on the Start.S in the Bootloader code for MPC8572. I find
that At some point of time we say we switch to AS=1 when setting TLB.
After cpu_early_init_f we switch back to AS=0. So we do this to avoid
some mismatch. But when we shift back to AS=0, I want to know what is
there in that Address Space 0. Can some one help me on this. Suppose I
am modifying the code of u-boot into just one function board_init_f
without the previous call then what operations should be done on AS=0
and AS=1.

Let me know.

Actual Code Snippet:

	bl	cpu_init_early_f           ---> This is happening in AS
= 1

	/* switch back to AS = 0 */
	lis	r3,(MSR_CE|MSR_ME|MSR_DE)@h
	ori	r3,r3,(MSR_CE|MSR_ME|MSR_DE)@l
	mtmsr	r3
	isync

	bl	cpu_init_f		---> This is happening in AS = 0
	bl	board_init_f
	isync

My Code :

#AS=1
TLB Mapping
..
..
..
#switch back to AS = 0
	lis	%r3,(MSR_CE|MSR_ME|MSR_DE)@h
	ori	%r3,%r3,(MSR_CE|MSR_ME|MSR_DE)@l
	mtmsr	%r3
	isync

	bl	main		# Jump to main() for board & cpu init

Thanks & Regards,
Vignesh Kumar B

DISCLAIMER: