[U-Boot] how compilor know where .text section starts from?

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Wed Dec 3 12:49:04 CET 2008

Dear hank.peng <pengxihan at gmail.com>,

repl: bad addresses:
	hank.peng <pengxihan at gmail.com> -- no at-sign after local-part (<)

Please fix the mail address you provide in your headers as return
address. Either get rid of the dot, or add quotes.

In message <389deec70812022235v3f7ebedav57a62bcca04a19f0 at mail.gmail.com> you wrote:

> I am new to uboot and reading source code, I have a question: how does
> compilor know where .text section starts from?

It doesn't. The compiler knows not much about the location of
segments. That's a matter the linker deals with.

> For example, I am using MPC8548CDS, document says .text section begins
> from 0xfff8000, but I haven't find this value in u-boot.lds?
> So it must be specified in some other place, right?

See board/<name>/config.mk

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
You can love it, change it, or leave it.    There is NO other option.
But do not complain - it is your own choice...                  -- wd