[U-Boot] Problem building fw_printenv un u-boot 1.3.4

Pink Boy dasfoo at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 3 22:08:02 CET 2008

Dear Wolfgang,

> In message pink sez,

>> So still doing some hacking trying to build this and
>> wondering if either u-boot-1.3.4 is busted, or the
>> instructions are wrong.
>
> v1.3.4 is old. Why don't you use current code?

Far as I can tell v1.3.4 is from Sept this year.  Is it older
than that?

>> Note sure it it works or not.  When I run it I get the
>> following error.
> >
> > Cannot parse config file: No such file or directory
>
> Obviously you have to create a config file in your target
> file system...

I'm sorry I should have done a little more poking about before I
posted that.  I put fw_env.config in /etc and changed the entry
to and at least

/dev/mtd1  0xe000 0x2000 0x2000
#/dev/mtd1  0xe000 0x2000 0x2000

Then created device nodes.

mknod /dev/mtd0 c 90 0
mknod /dev/mtd1 c 90 1

After that fw_printenv works.  However fw_setenv returns an error.

# ./fw_setenv beets are_good
Can't open /dev/mtd1: Permission denied
Error: can't write fw_env to flash

It's probably something stupid on my part.  But at least I got this
far.

Would using the latest tree be better?  It appears at least that
make at91rm9200dk_config
make env

doesn't work because fw_printenv needs some kernel headers to
build correctly.

Mr Foo