[U-Boot] What is NetState?

Ben Warren biggerbadderben at gmail.com
Thu Dec 4 09:00:05 CET 2008

Timur Tabi wrote:
> Is there any documentation for this global variable?  I'm trying to fix a bug in
> NetStartAgain(), and I'm trying to understand the purpose of this variable.

Isn't the code self-documenting?  :)  This global lets any of the
protocol processing routines force a restart or abort.  Not very pretty,
that's for sure...  All of the action takes place in the call to
eth_rx(), which calls a network driver's 'recv()' function, which
generally calls NetReceive(), which then switches on protocol and may
set NetState.  Good thing we're single threaded.

regards,
Ben