[U-Boot] boardname xxx-yyy produce error

Wolfgang Denk wd at denx.de
Mon Dec 8 13:20:22 CET 2008

Dear Willi,

In message <MvNzZHQGXkitZbSWnoGJaPTqIbiuJNnlxB21Lxq9Agd at akmail> you wrote:

> > I can check it, but I don't see a problem.
>
> this is what I can see:
>
> willi at ubu:~/Src/X40/u-boot-2008.10$ make distclean
> willi at ubu:~/Src/X40/u-boot-2008.10$ make bf533-ezkit_config
> Configuring for bf533-ezkit board...
> willi at ubu:~/Src/X40/u-boot-2008.10$ make > ws.log
> cc1: warning: unknown register name: P5

May I ask which compiler you are using, and what your definition of
CROSS_COMPILE is?

The fact that the compiler complains about a BF register makes me
believe that you are not using a Blackfin toolchain - or are you?

> Error: unknown cpu `bf533-0.3'
> Error: unrecognized option -mcpu=bf533-0.3

No, you aren't.

For Blackfin boards, you obviously need a Blackfin toolchain.

Phone: (+49)-8142-66989-10 Fax: (+49)-8142-66989-80 Email: wd at denx.de
When it is incorrect, it is, at least *authoritatively* incorrect.
                                    - Hitchiker's Guide To The Galaxy